London London UK
|Website:||Open website in new window|
Falcon, the motor boat, was built by Fellows, Morton and Clayton Ltd (FMC) and first registered in September 1926. FMC was the biggest general canal carrying firm in Britain in the first half of the 20th Century, carrying all sorts of goods, both perishable and non-perishable, including coal, steel, minerals, timber, foodstuffs and so on. Their craft were known for their pleasing lines, still much admired even today, and nicknamed "Joshers" after their designer, Joshua Fellows.
After Nationalisation in 1948, the Falcon was based in the Northwest and used mainly for maintenance duties. She was acquired by Willow Wren who wished to re-establish commercial canal transport but the bitter winter freeze-up of 1963 immobilised their fleet for 6 weeks, long enough for most of their trade to be permanently lost to road transport. They had renamed her "Sandpiper" and fitted her with a Lister SR3 and she continued to earn her living for Willow Wren, based in Rugby, as a holiday camping boat. The current owner bought her from Willow Wren in January 1981 and kept her on the Leek Arm of the Caldon Canal until she went in the early 1980s to Ian Kemp at Ellesmere Port for a complete restoration to the original FMC build and decor, minus the elm bottom, which had been replaced by Willow Wren with a rivetted steel bottom, using the original chines. A Lister JP2 was bought from an ex-Waterways employee in Middlewich and fitted during the restoration which was complete by 1986 and featured in the Waterways World magazine.
Falcon is paired up with the butty Venice and would be ideal to be sold together, The pair toured much of the canal system between their maiden "voyage" together in 2004 until 2013, when they moved from Saltford near Bath to their current base at London.
|Builder:||Fellows Morton Clayton|
|Make:||Fellows Morton Clayton|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Engine model:||Lister JP|
|Length over all:||70'|
Engine: Lister JP
Inverter: Pure sine wave 1000w
Charger: Sterling 24amp
Solar panels on roof
Material / build: Rivetted Steel
Traditional Boatman’s cabin at the aft end, Traditional canvas covering the rest of the vessel, this as been partially refitted with wood structure, windows and white painted Tongue and groove.
The interior is partially converted, currently comprises a solid fuel stove, sink, water tank and materials. Fully fitted boatman’s cabin at the aft end.
This boat has not been cleared and personal possessions will be removed prior to sale.
Virginia Currer Marine Ltd are professional brokers, and are full accredited members of:-
ABYA - Association of Brokers and Yacht Agents
BMF - British Marine Federation
BRBA - Boat Retailers and Brokers Association
BUYING THROUGH AN ACCREDITED BROKER AFFORDS A HIGH LEVEL OF BUYER PROTECTION
These details are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. They are based on information provided by the current owner(s) and observation. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to have an independent survey carried out to satisfy themselves as to the condition of the vessel, its inventory, and the information contained herein.
These details are not intended to, and do not, form any part of any current or future contract. In this transaction we are acting as Brokers only. All sales subject to contract. No guarantee is given or implied as to the condition or legal title. No appliances or systems have been tested. All measurements stated are approximate.
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.