Cleverly designed and beautifully finished 60’ x 12' widebeam. Built in 2016 by Liverpool boats as a sailaway, we’ve spent the past 6 years making it the perfect home, fully kitted out for cruising or life on a mooring. We have been the boat’s only owners, fitting out the boat from scratch, cruising happily for four years and on a residential mooring for two.
L’Anchois was blackened last in 2020 and has 10 anodes to extend the longevity of the blacking. The boat has a full service history and record of work, with Boat Safety Certificate to 2025.
L'Anchois has with everything needed for continuous cruising or shore-based living:
- Canaline 52hp engine immaculately maintained with full service history
- 4 x 12v Leisure batteries (replaced in 2020) + 1 starter battery
- 4 x 250 watt solar panels with Outback Flexmax power system
- Vectron Multiplus 3000 Inverter
- Ample water storage (700 litre in-hull tank)
- Back boiler to run heating: towel rack in bathroom and double fin radiators in both bedrooms
- Hot water system run from 120L calorifier
- Morso Squirrel multi-fuel stove suitable for wood or coal, with back boiler
- Composting toilet
- LED wall lights throughout
- 240V and 12V (running heat pumps, fridge) power throughout the boat
- Panelling throughout
- Knotted ropework to close off open back deck (for children playing)
The interior has 45 sqm of living space, with considered room layout. We’ve worked with a selection of craftsmen over the years to build clever storage and functional touches into each room. The walls are wood panelled, the floors and ceilings use 100 year old reclaimed wooden boards. The paint throughout is Little Green for minimal particulate pollution.
- 1.4m x .85 Dog-box skylight, fitted with wooden shutters to protect from heat and cold.
- Built in bookshelf
- Wood chest
- Fitted kitchen with gas hob, grill, oven and full size 12v fridge/freezer
- Dining area with space to seat 6 people
- Built in cupboards and double Belfast sink
- Dining table (optional to keep) designed in boat shape with storage cupboards
- Tiled fireplace surround expanded to fit wood stacks, coal scuttle, fire pokers
- Storage under entry steps for shoes.. and wine
- Large and sunny, perfect for happy plants and bathers
- 1.4m x .85 Dog-box skylight fitted with custom Velux shade.
- Bathroom has sink with drawers, bath/shower, with built in cupboard
- Ceramic tiles on floor and bath surround for easy cleaning
- A+ Eco washing machine
- Custom bed with 3 large under bed drawers, storage compartment beneath, and storage in steps leading up to bed
- Built in closet and drawers
- Custom-built bunk bed with play area beneath
The boat has headlamp and horn, comes with all the necessary ropes, mooring pins, buoys, windlasses necessary for life on the water.
We have never had any security or functional issues with the boat (knock on wood!). It has been our happy home since 2016. Living off grid is very low cost and close to nature. We have all the necessary manuals and records to allow continuity of service. Happy to answer any questions!
Sadly our mooring is non-transferable.
To arrange a viewing or ask any questions, please email.
|Vessel type:||Widebeam Canal Barge|
|Fit Out:||Done by owner|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Length over all:||60'|
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.