An extremely rare opportunity to acquire a freehold ½ acre riverbank plot with 80’ mooring.
This beautiful riverside plot on the south side of the River Wissey at Stoke Ferry is everything you could want from a rural mooring. With 80 feet of river frontage, there is ample space for your liveaboard, or for several small boats (potentially generating a rental income), fishing, launching your kayak, or getting in for a swim.
The plot benefits from its own postal address, so you can receive mail and register to vote if you choose to live there, and has an easement over a neighbouring property providing parking and access rights (although in the 5 years I lived on the mooring, I preferred to park on the road adjacent to the bridleway and take the short walk down the bridleway with the dogs).
There is a Great Ouse Boating Association water point about a mile upriver, or potential to make arrangements with landlubber neighbours for even easier access to water and power.
The plot is just over half an acre, largely laid to grass. Additional features include:
• Raised wooden walkway from the bridleway to the river
• Shed and contents (including everything you’ll need to maintain the plot)
• Large log store, with space enough for 2-3 years’ worth of logs
• Established soft fruit beds with summer and autumn cropping gooseberries and raspberries, currants, blueberries and rhubarb
• Established planting including a climbing rose arch and honeysuckle down the steps from the bridleway; fragrant climbers along the fence by the decking; an established fragrant climbing rose growing over the log store; flower beds with spring bulbs, peonies and hydrangea for all year round colour; native wetland plants at the river’s edge
• A beautiful weeping willow at the rivers edge
The potential for further development will only be limited by your imagination. There’s huge scope for installing a solar array or for planting food - the lovely rich soil makes it easy to grow most things without too much effort.
Feel free to go and take a look. The postcode is PE33 9FJ. For sat nav use PE33 9UE, which is a cul-de-sac called The Moorings. You can park here, and will see the bridleway across Bridge Road, to the left of the big white house (The Old Bull). The plot is a few minutes walk, through the second gate. Find the precise location using what3words: ///molars.daredevil.overdrive
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.