Wareham Dorset UK
Bright Eyes is a well presented example of this rare British built, lifting keel, 28 foot fast cruising yacht with Ron Holland design pedigree. Built in 1991 by Parker Yachts (Sail No.8) she has been lovingly owned, maintained and upgraded with the current owner for last 8 years. She has a detailed history with extensive manuals and receipts. This classic shallow draft fast cruiser is available for viewing on her walk-on mooring in Wareham, Dorset. Reluctant sale but now taken delivery of a larger yacht.
• GRP hull/superstructure
• LOA: 27' 11" /8.5m
• LWL: 24' 7" /7.49m
• Beam: 9' 3" /2.82m
• Draft: Keel down 5' 3" / 1.6m
• Keel/rudder fully up 1' 3" / 0.83m
• Displacement: 5500lbs/2,494kg
• Ballast: 2050lb (Bilge 1350lb/Keel 700lb)
• Sail area - Genoa 200 sqft, Main 180 sqft.
• Yanmar 1 GM10 - 9hp single cylinder diesel and gearbox (new in 2014) under 500 hrs use. Engine totally reliable and very economical.
• Engine fully serviced every winter.
• Exhaust elbow inspected 2021 (no corrosion).
• New alternator fitted 2017.
• New stern seal gland and packing in 2018.
• Ambassador AM5 rope cutter fully serviced in 2022/23.
• Tiller steering with lifting rudder blade for very shallow water operation.
• New rudder blade in 2020
• Lifting keel regularly serviced, cable and eye bolt replaced in 2021, lift motor and gearbox fully rebuilt in 2018.
• Main sea cocks (heads inlet and outlet) replaced in 2017.
• 3 batteries - 2 x leisure batteries, 1 x starter battery
• Rutland 301 wind turbine and charging relay
• Smart battery switch fitted (controls split of charging between batteries)
• Professionally overhauled electrical system 2016
• Shore power connection with 240v socket in saloon
• LED saloon bulbs
Rig and sails:
• Sloop rig with single spreader
• Z spar mast, boom and kicker
• Rotostay furler - new furling rope
• Fully battened main sail new 2012 - professionally serviced and cleaned 2023
• Genoa new 2012 - professionally serviced, cleaned and new UV strip 2023
• Spinnaker - excellent condition
• New stack pack in 2022
• Plastimo fixed and handeld compasses
• Autohelm (removable fitting to tiller)
• Garmin GPS MAP 551 chartplotter
• Range of cockpit instrumentation including depth and log speed, wind direction and speed (needs attention)
• Standard Horizon DSC VHF (GPS position linked to chartplotter)
• NASA Easy Navtex fitted (needs new aerial)
• Kenwood FM/CD/Aux stereo
• Freshwater pump to galley and heads (built-in fresh water tank).
• Full navigation lights including masthead lighting.
• Huge cockpit locker will take deflated dinghy, all fenders, boat hooks, ropes etc.
• 6 berths - 2 in forward separate v-berth cabin with deck hatch, stowage and hanging space, 2 in comfortable saloon berths with full lee cloths, 1 adult 1 child in rear quarter berth with ventilation hatches.
• Masses of storage throughout in well designed interior, quality woodwork and teak saloon floor.
• Saloon table can be used in either cabin or cockpit or stowed for optimum space below.
• Folding navigation table and seat with stowage for charts etc.
• Galley equipped with gimballed 2 burner stove with full oven and grill, plenty of crockery and cutlery stowage and a fair sized sink.
• Large top loading cool box converted to refrigerator with Isotherm fridge unit and controller.
• Good sized heads compartment with sea toilet and pump, a wet room design with sink and handheld shower, floor pumps out electrically.
|Length over all:||8.50m|
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.