|Tax Status:||Tax Paid|
Beaulieu (Gins) Hampshire UK
Rackham le Rouge is a Series Mini 6.50 (as opposed to a Prototype) meaning no carbon in hull or rig, fixed 1.6m keel, no water-ballast – simple, reliable and in this case, affordable. However a large sail area, lots of form stability and twin rudders still results in a boat that is a downwind flyer.
Designed by Seb Magnen (of 2-time MiniTransat winner Karen Liquid (198) fame), and built by Thomas Seitz of Chantier Azimut in 2004, I am the 4th owner since new (although one of those barely used it). The boat has taken part in two MiniTransat races in the past.
The boat is now based in the Solent (Beaulieu), UK, and has been used for Solo Offshore Racing Club (SORC) racing and fast cruising up and down the Channel since 2015.
The boat may not win the next MiniTransat race, but is solid and reliable, with lots of upgraded and replaced parts over the 3 years I have had her, including upgraded electronics, liferaft, outboard and most of the running rigging.
Full inventory available and many more images.
Price is flexible, and can be adjusted down if certain items are excluded - open to all sensible discussions.
|Vessel type:||Mini 6.50 (MiniTransat)|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Engine model:||Mercury Outboard 4-stroke|
|Fuel type:||Petrol (Gas)|
|Length over all:||7m|
|Length at waterline:||6.50m|
|Hull material:||Glass Fibre|
|Keel type:||Bulb Keel|
Mercury 4 stroke, 5hp, purchased Summer 2015 & serviced every winter since. c.15-20hrs per year
Infused monolithic GRP hull, sandwich GRP deck
Red gelcoat, currently treated with GTechniq system (P1 Nanopolish & C1M Crystal Lacquer) - lasts longer than normal polishing & waxing. Topsides were treated fully winter 14/15, and then a touch-up light polish winter 16/17 - could do with another touch-up polish but not pressing.
Antifouling - Seajet 033 Shogun professionally applied winter 16/17 (2 coats), with a further coat applied winter 17/18. Has been in the water since March 2018.
Race boat interior
"cosy" berths on top of buoyancy tanks (any kind of berth is a rarity on a Mini!)
4-wheel Mecanorem Trailer – serviced winter 2015/16, with spare supports for MiniTransat return
• Spare rudders, with spare link bar
• Spare bowsprit
• AG+ aluminium mast (minor damage at deck level, professionally sleeved by Performance Rigging, Hamble 2015)
• Standing rigging (likely to be from 2008), surveyed by Performance Rigging in 2015 and deemed to be in good condition
• Running Rigging:
o Runners upgraded with coarse/fine & new blocks tune in 2016
o Main & genoa halyards replaced 2017 with 6mm Liros XTR (SK99 dyneema & Technora/polysester outer)
o Linos XTR Masthead spin on board but not yet installed
o Spinnaker guys replaced in 2016 (SK78 dyneema, Kevlar outer)
• Main sheave replaced 2017, genoa sheave replaced 2016
• Spreaders, mast crane etc carefully inspected on a regular basis
• AG+ bowsprit 2006, Sparcraft boom 2004
• 2 x mains – (1) All Purpose, square top, 2007; (2) original main from 2004
• 2 x genoas - (1) All Purpose, 2 reefs, 2007; (2) Starvoile 2 reefs, 2004; both fair/well used condition
• 1 x solent – Starvoile 2005 (v tired but surprisingly good shape)
• 2 x gennakers - (1) All Purpose, v good condition, Karver furler 2006; (2) Starvoile, like new condition (unused?), 2004
• 3 x spinnakers (1) Large/light, red, v good condition, 2007; (2) Med, light grey, 1 reef, good condition, 2006; (3) heavy/code 5, white, good condition, 2006
• Trysail & storm jib
• 3 Andersen winches, various Karver blocks, Harken guy blocks new 2016. Spinlock jammers
• Majority installed by Mark Wylie of Eastern Electronic (Marine) Ltd in 2015/16
• NKE – log, wind, 2 x Multigraphics
• NKE – Gyropilot with true wind function (new 2016)
• NKE mechanical ram (new 2016)
• Raymarine ST2000 tillerpilot back-up (2015)
• Vesper Marine Watchmate 850 AIS with aerial splitter (2015)
• Furuno GP32 GPS (2004)
• Icom DSC VHF (2012_
• 2 x 110AH Powerline AGM batteries (2015)
• 2 x 30W solar panels (rigid) (2016)
• Isoler solar panel charging regulator (2007)
• Nasa Supernova masthead tricolour LED new 2015
• Mer-Veille radar detector 2004
• Ocean Signal EPIRB 2015
• Zodiac Open Sea ISO 9650 4 person valise Liferaft (2015)
• Flares (2015)